Thursday, August 12, 2010

Final Reflections

What a journey the 2010 summer writing institute has been! This four-week experience has given me the keys to understanding what 'writing' is all about. I take with me all the essentials to build my classroom's house of writing. My mind was stretched, pulled, massaged, and filled with the best of instructors, strategies, and a community of wonderful teacher classmates. A heartfelt 'thank you' to our instructors who have given me realtime writing prowess to help my students to translate their feelings into knowledge as well as evoke their actions to explore what the world of words can express. Finally, The summer writing institute has given me 'that' strong foundation to begin my classroom's house of writing cemented with tools of prolonged warranty: understanding of research, notable theorists, phenominal teacher/authors,and a renewed sense of courage to teach. Muchisimas a todos (A thousand thank-yous to everyone). My journey into the writing world is just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment